By clicking the "Start Process" button, you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Refund Policy.

Shop Act Licence is a type of Legal permission which legally allows you to do business in a particular location. The Shop & Establishment Act is nationwide and all business establishments come under the purview of this Act and are required to follow the norms and rules set by the Act for the treatment of their employees. The objections covered under this Act vary from state to state and each state has given a list of shops & establishments falling under the Act, and who are required to register under the Act to run their business in the state.

No, there is no difference. Gumasta Licence is a legal obligation originally governed by the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai under the Maharashtra Shops & Establishments Act, 1948. To start any kind of shop or business in Mumbai, you need at least one legal entity proof in your shop or firm or business name that gives you the right to do any type of business in Mumbai or Maharashtra.

If you are planning to start a business establishment or a shop, you’ll have to go for shop act licence within 30 days of the commencement of your business. Shop Act Registration is mandatory for several reasons including opening a current account in the bank. This licence is made as a basic licence and proof of your business to apply for other registrations required to run a business in India. Each state has set different rules and laws for registration under the Act, but the basic procedure is the same. The Act requires every business to obtain approval from the Department of Labour.

  1. Scan copy of Photo of the applicant
  2. Scan copy of Signature of the applicant
  3. ID Proof of the applicant (Aadhar Card)
  4. Photo of the establishment (Photo of the sign board of the business)
  5. Business Specific Licenses (If applicable): Such as FSSAI, RTO Transport Permit, The Food and Drugs Administration License, etc.
  6. Based on the constitution of the business, following additional documents are required:
    1. Partnership Firm: Partnership Deed
    2. Limited Liability Partnership (LLP): LLP Agreement
    3. Private Limited Company and OPC: Certificate of Incorporation
    4. Trust: Trust Deed
    5. Co-Operative Society: Copy of Bye-laws